Chronically Kind Yoga:
6-week online yoga and meditation course for people with chronic illnesses
What would it feel like to work with your body, instead of against it?
Living with a chronic illness (or three) is challenging. I know this from living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for over 10 years. You might be feeling like...
Some Most days, your body has turned on you. Instead of helping you do the things you love, it’s now preventing you from doing them.
* You say ‘no’ to things you reallllllly want to say yes to because you have no energy. You feel like you’re living a life of basics because you spend your limited energy on the stuff that HAS to get done.
* Your doctor keeps telling you that exercising would be helpful, but how the heck are you supposed to get to the gym when you can barely leave your bed?
You’re sick. You’re tired.
AND, you’re sick and tired of being sick and tired.
You want to do something to help yourself, but nothing you try seems to have a lasting effect.
The first step is to give yourself a break! You’re doing the best you can. (We all need to be a lot kinder to ourselves- living with an illness is hard work!)
Chronically Kind Yoga is a 6-week, online, yoga, and meditation course that gives you the tools to manage your pain and fatigue so you can live a fuller life. It’s about realizing your body is not your enemy, it’s your best friend, and it needs to be treated lovingly.
Chronically Kind Yoga will teach you how to
* Manage your pain and fatigue in a way that prevents your illness from taking over your life and your identity. (Get ready for more “good days!”)
* Stretch and strengthen your muscles to help reduce pain and fatigue in the body, providing a base for you to start doing other activities you love. (Less pain = more fun!)
* Show kindness to yourself and your illness. (It’s all about showing yourself compassion!)
***All poses and sequences are designed specifically for people living with chronic fatigue syndrome, Fibro, and related illnesses. I understand what you’re going through and want to help you find a way to treat your body well and not overdo it.***
Having a chronic illness limits your activities. I know you haven’t been hitting up the gym. You don’t have the energy to and making time to rest is important!
But, the truth is, inactivity causes you to feel weak and out of shape. Your muscles tighten up and decondition, making your recovery harder down the line.
Chronically Kind Yoga is designed to help you:
* Build strength and flexibility at a slow and steady pace so each day you feel better and better.
* Relieve pain so that living with fibro is a little more manageable.
* Increase energy so you can do more of the activities you love and have been missing out on!
* Lower your stress levels because let's be honest, living with a chronic illness is incredibly stressful.
* Build resiliency to get stronger in body, mind, and spirit.
"This was the first yoga class I’d been to where I felt that the poses were specific to my body’s needs and I could really feel my muscles being stretched and released. By the end of the course I was almost able to straighten my legs when stretching the back of my thighs, which is impressive if you had seen the complete lack of flexibility I had in the first class! Despite putting my joints through more movements than they usually experience, I was able to continue with my day as normal after every class and actually felt better physically and emotionally." – Sarah V.
Chronically Kind Yoga includes:
* UNLIMITED ACCESS to 6 one-hour HD videos of yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises.
You'll get emailed a new video each Monday morning to complete over the course of the week. You can go at your own pace and stop/start the videos at any time! All you need to access the videos is an internet connection and computer or mobile device! Each lesson focuses on a different core foundation of yogic philosophy which will help you understand how you can apply the principles of yoga to help you heal.
* 6-weeks of daily emails providing you with inspiration and support on your healing journey.
* 1 ten to fifteen-minute practice video every week to help you develop a daily routine.
* Unlimited email support from me the duration of the course and three months afterward to ask any questions you may have!
Your investment for the course, and lifetime access to the videos, is $150 USD.
"The Course helped me to take time out for myself, if only once or twice a week. It has helped me loosen up and stretch my muscles and I have learned how to use my breathing to relax."
How It Works:
* Click the REGISTER button to sign up for the next session! (You’ll have lifetime access to ALL of the materials as soon as you sign up!)
* Once your payment is processed, I'll send you a questionnaire so I can learn all about you and your illness.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! If you're not satisfied with the course within two weeks of practicing, I’ll refund your payment 100%.
Who am I to lead Chronically Kind Yoga?
Hey there, I’m Kayla, creator of Chronically Kind Yoga, and I’m honoured to *meet* you. If you’re reading this page, my guess is that you have a chronic illness and are interested in using yoga to help your body (and mind!) feel better. I’ve been where you are (in bed with a serious a case of CFS) and know how transformative yoga can be. That’s exactly why I created this course for you. Yoga is an amazing tool you can use to help you drain fatigue, manage pain, and learn how to work with your body (I say this from experience).
For me, yoga and meditation were pivotal in losing the limits of my illness. They opened my mind, nourished my body, and really soothed my soul. And the best part was, I could practice without even leaving my house (and on some days, my bed!!)
I decided to become a Yoga teacher to help others heal their bodies and during my time as a teacher, I've seen countless students reap the benefits of yoga; from feeling relaxed and refreshed after each session, to healing parts of the body that have been out of commission for years.
I’m thrilled to bring you this course so you can practice whenever you want, wherever you are, to YOUR comfort levels.
“I’ve always found yoga to be useful in managing my illness but it’s often hard to find a yoga teacher who really understands chronic illness. Often they push you a little further than you need to go. The poses that Kayla gave were particularly helpful and specific to my issues.” – Tanya
Still wondering if Chronically Kind Yoga is for you? If you answer yes to the bullets below, then that’s a heck YES!
* You want to try yoga because a doctor/friend/the internet recommended it to you, but you can’t find a class where the teacher understands your unique needs.
* You used to do yoga before getting ill but can't keep up with the regular classes anymore. You want to start practicing again, but with a program that works for your body right now.
* You are in a lot of pain or experience a lot of fatigue and want to try something besides medication to help lessen the pain and fatigue.
* You are majorly stressed out and need to find a healthy way of managing that stress before it leads to declining health.
* You aren’t able to exercise or do fun activities anymore but are ready to change that! You want to (gently, lovingly, kindly) take your wellness into your hands.
Skeptical about an “online course”?
Here’s the deal, there is no real substitute for getting to practice one on one with an experienced yoga teacher or therapist. However, taking an online course is a great way to get an introduction to yoga and a sustainable way to continue your practice after working with a teacher. And, there are additional benefits:
1. No missed classes. If you're not feeling well, simply do the class when you feel up to it. There are no time constraints! You can go completely at your own pace.
2. You don't have to worry about travel. When you're not feeling well, the last thing you want to do is navigate a crowded bus route. These videos can be done from the comfort of your home!
3. It doesn't matter where you live; you have direct access to a yoga teacher and group of students who know exactly what you are going through. Kiss isolation, goodbye!
"I loved the flexibility of the class, how I didn’t have to push myself through sessions when I felt physically terrible. Instead of feeling like exercise, it felt like a day at the spa for my battered body. Kayla understands her students on a fundamental level; she knows that there are just some days you can’t do it.” – Jennifer K
A Final Note from Kayla!
Chronically Kind Yoga is not some 'miracle cure' program for people with Fibromyalgia and M.E.. The truth is, doing yoga is not going to make you well in one hour, and to be totally honest, it probably won't make you well in 6 weeks.
In lieu of a magic cure, what I do promise is that Chronically Kind Yoga will teach you how to show kindness to your body and give you the tools to continue improving.
This program is my way of guiding you through different methods that are shown to improve the lives of people living with Fibromyalgia and M.E. It’s what's worked for me and allowed me to live a full and active life. I hope you find it as healing and powerful as I have!
"I found the course really good. The opportunity to focus on my breath along with me also doing daily meditation really helped. It gave me a purpose and something to look forward to in my day. It also improved my flexibility and made me feel less tired." – Joanne